Tonight We Dream

Tuesday, 4 June 2013







Another day of fashion adventures!
My wardrobe tells a story. One I'm sure a lot of people relate to.
I may have lots of labels in my closets at home, but they came at a hefty price (was that a pun?).
When I was around 18-20 years of age, I adored fashion. I trolled style.com non-stop - saving all the looks I liked on my MacBook. For every year. Every season. Every Pre-Fall, and every Cruise Collection. Everything.

I finally got a regular paying job and started splurging at sass&bide. It didn't end there (obviously). I was buying Chanel, Balenciaga, Dior and so on. It didn't help that I started working for Burberry. Coats! Coats! Coats! They were all so beautiful and well made with the most precious fabrics (Prorsum, that is).

Then it hit me. Is that really how much I've spent over the last 2-3 years?
So now, I try to keep the spending down. Finding bargains and bits pieces here and there. Sure, I always mixed my style up with great cheap finds along with my expensive stuff.

But splurging all that time. It has really taught me a good lesson in the importance of saving your money. You never know what you'll need it for.

(Coat: Burberry Prorsum; Top: missguided; Jeans: Black Orchid; Boots: Chanel; Scarf: Louis Vuitton; Bag: Asos)
 

No comments: